OA Troop/Team Representatives
Benefits of OA Troop/Team Representatives
The Order of the Arrow Troop/Team Representatives are an important link for communication between the Chapters, Lodge and Troops/Teams. Below is a description of who benefits from the program.
- With the Troop/Team Representative as a liaison between the Order of the Arrow and the troop or team, the camp promotions process will be smoother, leading to greater numbers of Scouts at summer camp.
- Creates a vehicle to strengthen the ties between the OA and the individual BSA troop or team. This will help with the retention of the older Scouts.
- With the organization of service projects, Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts will be seen actively helping others in their communities.
- With an easier camp promotions process, the lodge can increase the number of units visited, increasing the effectiveness of this program in the Council.
- Eases the unit election process by having a person in the troop or team whose job is to ensure that elections are held.
- With positive OA leadership on the unit level, lodges will experience greater membership retention and higher Brotherhood conversion rates
- A Unit's OA members will have someone to organize transportation to OA events, increasing attendance at chapter/lodge functions.
Troop and Team:
- The coordination of the OA calendar with that of troop and team will prevent OA members from having to choose between OA functions and unit events
- With the organization of service projects, there will be greater opportunity for community service hours that are required for rank advancement.
- Experienced Arrowmen from other units who may be able to share their knowledge can be sought out by the OA Representative to augment the troop program.